About Bank Syariah Mandiri
Commencing operation in 1999 Bank Syariah Mandiri (BSM) was founded after the Indonesian economy was crippled by the monetary and economic crisis of 1997 which had then lead to a national political crisis. Indonesian banks which were dominated by conventional techniques experienced very serious complications which forced the Indonesian government to take drastic measures to reconstruct and recapitalise a large number of banks in Indonesia. New policies were created that would allow the operation of alternative techniques to banking, one of them Islamic Syariah. With its vision to become the most trusted Syariah banking choice in Indonesia, BSM bases its operation on a combination of business idealism and spiritual values. It is the harmony between these two concepts that makes BSM a special alternative to the conservative Indonesian banking service.
- Intermediate to advanced Indonesian language proficiency.
- Students will be required to submit a formal application to the bank which will include their curriculum vitae and a letter explaining their interest in the organisation.
BSM offer a unique internship placement which incorporates its own short course in Islamic banking techniques to complement its practical placement. This will provide interns with an introduction to a range of syariah banking concepts including the following:
1. Products and Characteristics of Syariah banking
2. Operational Basic System and Mechanism of Syariah Bank
3. Syariah Bank Funding and Marketing Management
4. Syariah Bank Liquidity and Fund Management
5. Profit Distribution (Profit Sharing Calculation Technique)
6. Syariah Banks Statements and Accounting
The Bank’s short course will also provide direction in choosing a department to work in as interns will work side-by-side banking staff with the following titles:
1. Bank Teller
2. Customer Service Officer
3. Loan Administration Officer
4. Back Office Administration Officer
5. SDI & GA Implementer
6. Funding officer
7. Account officer
A detailed list of job specific tasks can be found in professional placement syllabus. Interns will have the opportunity to observe and participate in daily banking tasks, they are expected to also analyse and critically assess ways to improve or enhance the current operation of BSM.
Monday to Friday, 09.00-15.00.