About Victorian Government Business Offices (VGBOs)
The Victorian Government Business Offices (VGBOs) support Victorian companies looking to do business around the world. Currently, there are VGBOs in about 12 of Victoria’s target trading countries. The Jakarta office was reopened on the 19th of June, 2013, in a sign of the Victorian government’s recognition of Indonesia as an increasingly important market.
The VGBO in Jakarta aims to promote Victorian products and companies in Indonesia. This includes organising trade missions and official delegations to raise Victoria’s profile, hosting and attending cultural events and sponsoring conferences in Indonesia. It also provides advice and contacts for Victorian businesses looking to invest in Indonesia and develop their businesses. Indonesia is an increasingly important market for Victorian education and training providers, as well as businesses in the fields of information communications technology, tourism and health care. Indonesia is also a major source of petroleum and other industrial goods for Victoria.
The skills and competencies required to be an intern at VGBO:
- Good interpersonal skill to communicate different stakeholders
- Showing good initiative in taking any task that she/he can involve
Students wishing to be placed at this Host Organisations are required to obtain the following in advance of their placement start date:
- Professional indemnity insurance certificate
- Australian police check
- Medical/travel insurance
- Actively involve in preparation of promotional events/exhibition to promote Victorian products in Indonesia
- Documenting and reporting on the events for different stakeholders
- Conducting research within the Indonesian market to support Victorian producers
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
World Trade Centre, Metropolitan Complex 1, Level 8
Jl. Jend. Sudirman kav 29-31