About The Government of WA
The Government of Western Australia (was the Western Australia Trade and Investment Office) in Jakarta is the oldest state government office in Indonesia. Operated by the WA Department of State Development (DSD) and led by a Regional Director, it is responsible for building stronger trade and investment ties between Indonesia and Western Australia, especially in the agriculture, education and tourism sectors and with WA’s sister-state, the Province of East Java.
- The WA Government has maintained a trade and investment office in Indonesia since 1992
- Total trade between WA and Indonesia was valued at nearly $3.9 billion in 2013-14
- Indonesia is WA’s largest export market for wheat and live cattle
- The student from the universities in Western Australia
- Committed student
- Skills required: market research, presentation, familiar with Microsoft Office and social media platform for marketing promotion and research.
Intern Duties (Example)
- Conduct the research and analysis
- Prepare the presentation
- Meet with key stakeholders
Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Semi-formal (e.g. Business attire, collared shirts/blouses, trousers/long skirt, long dress covering shoulders and knees, batik shirt/blouse/dress, closed-toe shoes. No t-shirts, shorts, flip flops)
World Trade Center 2, 18th Floor,
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav 29-31 Kuningan,
Jakarta Selatan 12920
Meryl Bahmani was a participant in the 2018 Business Professional Practicum from Murdoch University.
Meryl is studying a Bachelor of Business majoring in Economics and Sustainable Development.
She received a $3,000 New Colombo Plan Mobility Grant to support her participation in this program. Read more here.