About Gili Eco Trust
Gili Eco Trust is a small not-for-profit NGO, situated on the small island of Gili Trawangan. In the past years the island has seen unprecedented growth in the tourism and diving industry causing a rapid decline in the health of the environment, with waste management strategies in place struggling to keep up.
Our mission is to create a sustainable island. To promote ecotourism and provide a healthy environment for animals. To restore our coral reefs and to replenish our natural fish populations. To ensure that all waste created on Gili Trawangan is reduced to minimum levels, managed and separated properly for recycling projects where materials can be transported off the island.
- Interest in preservation of the natural environment
- Prepared to work in waste management at a hands on level
- Ability to work independently on set assignments or working within a team of local staff or tourists
- Able to talk to the public and raise awareness
- Assisting with current or new project design and implementation
- Research assistance and data collection
- Placement on teams for project design and/or project monitoring excercises
- Media and communication strategy assistance
- Hospitality service and management
Monday-Saturday (40 hours per week)
Jalan Ikan Hiu, Dusun Gili Trawangan,
Kelurahan GIli Indah, Kecamatan Pemenang,
Lombok Utara, Nusa Tenggara Barat