PT. Hatfield Indonesia invites young professionals and students to gain experience and to develop a range of environmental consulting skills with a long-standing international environmental consulting firm in Indonesia.
Established in 1990, with offices in Bogor and Jakarta, PT. Hatfield Indonesia is an internationally recognized environmental consulting company focused on delivering high-quality services to our clients in private and public sectors. Our company provides science-based solutions in a range of sectors including infrastructure, mining, forestry, renewable energy, international development, marine, and coastal management. Our clients are from the private sector, national and international government agencies, international finance institutions, charitable foundations, and civil society organizations. Our services include environmental risk and impact assessments, stakeholder engagement and social-economic assessments, regulatory compliance auditing and due diligence, environmental policy review and -management planning, strategic development, Human-Centred-Design for solutions towards sustainable resource use and capacity building and various applications of remote sensing imagery. We have an integrated team of national and international specialists that understand the need for strong environmental and social science in support of sustainable development in Indonesia and the region.
Working with supervision from a senior staff member, interns would assume a variety of roles as described below.
- Currently pursuing or recently finished a university degree in Marine Science, Fisheries Management, Social, Economy, Statistics, Forestry, Environmental Engineering, Biology, Chemistry or in a related field;
- Ability to work in a team and to adapt to an international working environment;
- A strong interest in learning and possessing an inquisitive nature;
- Excellent computer skills and proficient with standard software applications such as Microsoft Office;
- Experience with statistical software or programs that run statistical analysis such as R, will be an advantage;
- Culturally sensitive with a desire to work in an international setting to gain the confidence and respect of people with different languages, nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
Intern Duties (Example)
- Assisting project teams to conduct desk-top studies and help analyse data on environmental and social topics;
- Assist in the development of Terms of References, proposals, reports and presentation materials;
- Provide project administrative support, e.g. preparation and translation of project documents, documentation of stakeholder sessions and meetings, research and compilation of background or baseline project information, data input, and quality control.
Applicable Business Units at PT. Hatfield Indonesia
- Infrastructure and Extractives;
- Natural Resources and Planning;
- Marine and Coastal Development; and
- Operations (Human Resources, Information Technology, Marketing, Administration, Graphic Design, Desktop Publishing, and Geomatics).
8.00 am – 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday
LIPI Building, Jl. Ir. H. Juanda No No.18, RT.04/RW.08, Paledang, Kecamatan Bogor Tengah, Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16122