About Yayasan Inobu
Yayasan Inobu is an Indonesian research institute that works towards the vision of an Indonesia where land and seascapes are managed sustainably and benefit the communities that depend on them. Through innovative research, policy analysis, technology and alliance-building, Inobu seeks to improve public policies and strengthen civil society to sustainably manage Indonesia’s natural resources and agricultural production systems, throughout the life-cycle of products.
- Background in any of the following: agriculture, economics, communications, anthropology, sociology, environmental studies.
- Student should have their own laptop – highly recommend something sturdy as we may ask them to be in the field (Central Kalimantan).
Intern Duties (Example)
We can offer the intern/s at least one of the following experiences:
- Research (we have some interesting work in Central Kalimantan that an intern could assist with, plus desk research – the topics really depend on when they join us, but will be in the general sphere of environmental protection, sustainability, agriculture, as well as indigenous people)
- Writing and communications (both in the field and from the desk)
- Support in reviewing and editing Inobu publications
- Event planning/ coordination assistance (depending on when they join us, we always have workshops and meetings going on that an intern could support us on)
Regular work hours are Monday to Friday (9am – 5pm). Student must have flexibility for field assignment where the work hours are not fixed.
Office: Bali-based, with some travel to field.