About The Learning Farm
The Learning Farm (TLF) is a non profit organization that aims to develop vulnerable youth in Indonesia to become more independent and economically self sufficient. TLF offers a series of life skills education through 100 days residential training program. Youth aged 15 to 25 years who have background such as living on the street, school dropouts, poor, orphans, victims of disaster, or young refugees that currently reside in Indonesia, now have the chance to build a better future. TLF equips them by using organic farming as main teaching media and supported by other soft skills such as book keeping, financial literacy, English, computer, personal hygiene, communication, entrepreneurship, etc. Every batch TLF recruits 40 young people from all over the country. TLF partners with UNHCR to also develop refugees that currently reside in Indonesia waiting for the process of resettlement to destination countries.
TLF is located in a fresh and cool air region of Cianjur, 900m above sea level. All students and staff members are provided with dormitory and daily meals.
- Have passion in youth and farming
- Keen to learn new cultures/ open minded
- Interested in sharing/ teaching (farming/agriculture, English, etc)
- Culturally sensitive and respect each personnel member at TLF both students and staff
- Have initiative to do or help wherever possible
Intern Duties (Example)
- The duty is mainly as facilitator. On the farm, we also have regular activities and lesson plans that volunteers can partake based on discussion with Program Manager/Headmaster. For English, we have lessons plans and resources from previous volunteers but the intern can use his/ her creativity to enrich the teaching resources and lesson plans.
- The intern will also support TLF in drafting monthly newsletter in coordination with External Relation Officer as well as reviewing reports/ publication tools that are written in English.
- Other than that, TLF encourages the intern to join the student’s activity in the classroom and in the farm, as well as helping out at the kitchen.
The normal working hours would be from 07.00 AM – 05.00 PM from Monday to Saturday. With some activities in the evening, not mandatory but we encourage volunteers to take part. Since it is a residential training program there is no fixed working hour as long as all required works are done.
The Learning Farm
Kp Rawa Benceuh RT 04/09, Desa Kawung Luwuk
Kecamatan Sukaresmi, Kabupaten Cianjur 43254
West Java, Indonesia
Google map keyword search: The Learning Farm Kawungluwuk