About Conservation International (CI) Indonesia
Conservation International (CI) Indonesia is a non-profit organization that has been working in Indonesia since 1991 in partnerships with the Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MoEF) and Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF). CI uses an innovative blend of science, policy and partnerships to protect the nature people rely on for food, fresh water, and livelihoods.
CI Indonesia has become a pioneer in managing sustainable seascapes and landscapes, both globally and nationally. These are large areas managed in an integrated manner as a means of balancing for the long-term the many ways people interact with nature—from food production and resource extraction to tourism and cultural connections—including the coordination of different sectors, government units, and communities. Recognizing the connectivity between terrestrial and ocean ecosystems, we work to advance an integrated landscape and seascape approach at the provincial scale.
- An academic background in: Environmental Studies, Natural Resources Management, Fisheries, Forestry, International Relations, Political Science, Marine Conservation, Biology, Sociology, Communication Science, or similar subjects;
- Shows interest in conservation/environment issues, basic knowledge of Indonesia is an advantage;
- Good command of Ms. Office;
- Proven ability to work with colleagues with various cultural backgrounds;
- Strong writing skills and meticulous about grammar.
- Support the program in day-to-day program management
- Perform desktop research and analysis regarding the program
- Provide meeting notes and documentation of events or meetings
- Participate in workshops, meetings, conferences, and other gatherings relevant to the project
- Liaise with the communications team to provide content for CI Indonesia’s social media accounts
- Edit and proofread any document made in English
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Part time: 3 days a week, 08.00 AM – 5.00 PM (can be arranged between mentor and intern)
Full time: 5 days a week, 08.00 AM – 05.00 PM
Subject to the job description and agreed deliverables, interns can be located in CI Indonesia offices in Jakarta, North Sumatra, West Java, and Bali. Note: cost for accommodation, transport, and visa should be prepared individually by the intern.