ACICIS is currently developing the Public Health Study Tour (PHST), a two-week intensive program for students to gain experience in the public health sector in Indonesia. This tour will pilot in November-December 2016, providing students a unique opportunity for students to hear from leading health professionals, policy-makers and community health workers in Indonesia.
The tour will include a comprehensive seminar series and a number of field visits to health care facilities, organisations and schools which will provide students an insight into the public health system in Indonesia.
To develop the program, ACICIS has convened the Public Health Study Tour Advisory Panel. The panel, chaired by ACICIS Consortium Director, Professor David T Hill AM, is composed of qualified academics and relevant personnel from a range of ACICIS member universities. Panel members are considering the assessment and program components of the tour to ensure the PHST meets academic requirements of Australian home universities.
The members of the Public Health Study Tour Advisory Panel are:
- Dr Janette Young, University of South Australia
- Professor Colleen Fisher, The University of Western Australia
- A.Prof Neil Harris, Griffith University
- Dr Katie Attwell, Murdoch University
- Ms Adriana Milazzo, The University of Adelaide
- Dr Nick Cooling, University of Tasmania
- Professor Jane Mills, RMIT University
- A/Prof Sharyn Burns, Curtin University
- Dr Angela Dawson, University of Technology Sydney
- Professor Helen Edwards, Queensland University of Technology
- Ms Angela Sheedy, Charles Darwin University
Read panel members full biographies here.
We’d like to thank all panel members for their support in the development of this program.