On 3 – 4 May 2018, ACICIS in partnership with Universitas Katolik Parahyangan (UNPAR) held the 2018 ACICIS Partner University Meeting in Bandung. ACICIS has long-standing partnerships with premier Indonesia universities including Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) and Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang (UMM) since 1995, Universitas Islam Indonesia (UII) since 2005, Universitas Katolik Indonesia Atma Jaya since 2007, Universtias Katolik Parahyangan since 2009, Universitas Sanata Dharma (USD) since 2011, and Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB) since 2016. This year ACICIS welcomed three new partner universities, Universitas Indonesia (UI) who host the Public Health Study Tour (PHST), Universitas Kristen Satya Wacana (UKSW) who host the Indonesian Language Short Course (ILSC), and Universitas Udayana (UNUD) who will host ACICIS’ newest practicum program, Sustainable Tourism Professional Practicum (STPP) next year in Bali. The meeting was also attended by Mr Scott Bradford, representative from the Australian Embassy in Indonesia.
The purpose of this meeting is for ACICIS and partner universities share knowledge, ideas, and experiences, to streamline communication for better program management and quality in the future, and to reflect on our long-standing partnership.
The attendees included ACICIS staff and representatives of our Indonesian partner universities:
- Dr Budi Husodo Bisowarno (Vice Rector for Research, Community Service, and Cooperation), Ms Ratih Indraswari, MA (Head Division of Cooperation, Office for International Affairs and Cooperation), Ms Chris Stephnay, and Mr Theodorus Riswandi (Staff of International Office) from UNPAR;
- Mr Jamroji, S.Sos, M.Comms (Lecturer of Communication Studies) from UMM;
- Ms Roro Retno Wiyati (Admission Officer for Degree Program), and Ms Annisa Dwi Fadila (Staff of International Office) from UGM;
- Dr Bernardine Ria Lestari, M.Sc. (Chief Director of Language Institute), and Ms Maria Ananta Tri Suryandari S.S., M.Ed. (Chief of Center of Asian Languages) from USD;
- Ms Nihlah Ilhami, S.Pd (Manager of International Office), and Ms Rara Febrizka (International Office Staff) from UII;
- Listiani Puspitosari, SS (Hospitality Coordinator, International Collaboration Office), and Ms Uceu Nurmalia, SS (Permit Coordinator, International Collaboration Office) from IPB;
- Dr Yohanes Eko Widodo (Dean for Faculty of Business and Administration), and Ms Selvya Margaretha (International Office Staff) from Atma Jaya;
- Indah S. Widyahening, MS, MSc-CMFM, PhD (Head of International Office), and Dr. dr. Sabarinah Prasetyo, M.Sc (Vice Dean for Academic, Research and Student Affairs) from UI;
- Ms RPN Dian Widi Sasanti, S.Pd (Language Training Centre Director), and Ms RPN Dian Widi Sasanti, S.Pd (Language Training Centre Academic Manager) from UKSW;
- Ms Ni Putu Sri Harta Mimba Ph.D (Director of Center for International Program), and Ms Ni Made Sofia Wijaya, Ph.D (Lecturer of Tourism Department) from UNUD.
The night before the meeting, the attendees came together for a formal dinner hosted by UNPAR. During the dinner, UNPAR Rector, Dr Mangadar Situmorang, delivered his warm welcome to the attendees and expressed his gratitude to ACICIS for choosing UNPAR as host for the partner university meeting.
The next day, the meeting was opened with speeches from UNPAR Vice Rector, Dr Budi Husodo Bisowarno; ACICIS Resident Director, Dr Adrian M. Budiman; and Second Secretary of the Australian Embassy in Jakarta, Mr Scott Bradford.
The meeting was divided into five sessions of group discussion and case studies moderated by ACICIS staff. The attendees were divided into five small groups to discuss hypothetical situations involving students such as immigration, academic matters and pastoral care. At the end of the session, each group had the opportunity to deliver their findings.
ACICIS appreciates the ongoing support of our partner universities in providing Australian students with a well-rounded study experience in Indonesia.