KontraS [the Commission for the Disappeared and Victims of Violence] is a prominent human right Non-Government Organization [NGO] based in Jakarta, Indonesia with offices throughout the archipelago. KontraS has been engaged in civil and political advocacy for nearly 16 years in high-profile human rights issues, including enforced disappearances, arbitrary arrests, torture, communal conflicts, land disputes, freedom of religion and belief, human rights defenders and many more.
International Advocacy, International Campaign, Fundraising
Intern Duties (Example)
- Researching into Indonesian foreign policy;
- Researching on torture in Indonesian detention centres;
- Researching on Rohingya refugee crisis;
- Researching on the concept of Islamism in Indonesia;
- Researching the current situation of the rights to freedom of religion and expression in Indonesia;
- Writing a report with a chosen topic that will be presented at the end of the internship;
Flexible with a maximum of 40 hours/week
Casual (e.g. Polo/t-shirt, jeans, cargo shorts, sports shoes or sandals)
Jalan Kramat II, number 4, Kwitang, Senen
Jakarta Pusat 10420.
Telephone (62-21) 3919 097 / 098.
Fax (62-21) 3919 099
Yazan received a $3,000 New Colombo Plan Mobility Grant to support his participation in this program.