KontraS [the Commission for the Disappeared and Victims of Violence] is a prominent human right Non-Government Organization [NGO] based in Jakarta, Indonesia with offices throughout the archipelago. KontraS has been engaged in civil and political advocacy for nearly 16 years in high-profile human rights issues, including enforced disappearances, arbitrary arrests, torture, communal conflicts, land disputes, freedom of religion and belief, human rights defenders and many more.
Skills and competencies:
International Advocacy, International Campaign, Fundraising
Intern duties at KontraS:
- Researching into Indonesian foreign policy;
- Researching on torture in Indonesian detention centres;
- Researching on Rohingya refugee crisis;
- Researching on the concept of Islamism in Indonesia;
- Researching the current situation of the rights to freedom of religion and expression in Indonesia;
- Writing a report with a chosen topic that will be presented at the end of the internship;
Flexible with a maximum of 40 hours/week
Office attire requirement:
Casual (e.g. Polo/t-shirt, jeans, cargo shorts, sports shoes or sandals)
KontraS Indonesia location:
Jalan Kramat II, number 4, Kwitang, Senen
Jakarta Pusat 10420.
Telephone (62-21) 3919 097 / 098.
Fax (62-21) 3919 099
Yazan received a $3,000 New Colombo Plan Mobility Grant to support his participation in this program.