About The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post is a leading English language media publishing company in Indonesia whose target to serve educated Indonesians and foreigners. The Post has won several awards and known for being a training ground for local and international reporters.
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Knowledge of Indonesia’s politics, economy and culture
- Multimedia mastery is a plus
- Intern need to bring their own laptop
- Sound recording equipment is also essential because you will spend a lot of time in the field interviewing people
Intern Duties (Example)
- participate in editorial meetings
- pitch article ideas
- investigate topic
- Source contacts and interview them.
Your day begins at 9 a.m. and ends at 5 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break from 12 to 1 p.m. You’re encourages to mingle with other editorial team members.
Smart casual unless if you are assigned to an official meeting or ceremony
Jl Palmerah Barat No 142-143
Palmerah, Tanah Abang
Georgia is studying a Bachelor of Communications majoring in Journalism and Public Communications.
Connor is studying a Bachelor of Journalism and Professional Writing as a Bachelor of Arts majoring in International Relations.
Madison Bogisch is a participant in the 2020 Journalism Professional Practicum from University of South Australia.
Madison is studying a Bachelor of Journalism and Professional Writing, Bachelor of Arts (English and Creative Writing) majoring in Sociology.