About Radio Republik Indonesia (RII)
RII is the Voice of Indonesia (VOI). They produces high-quality, informative, smartening, and enlightening with a universal and humanistic perspective, so that it becomes an independent, trustworthy and credible broadcasting institution. These thought-provoking, universal, and humanistic programs are intended to cater the continuously dynamic change in the world’s geopolitic, economy, social and environment.
“Being a world-class broadcasting corporation and the nation’s character builder with the largest network”
1. To provide information services for the international audience in a comprehensive manner to enhance the positive image of the nation
2. To conduct the second track diplomacy as a part of the Indonesian total diplomacy in accordance with the free and active foreign policy.
3. To provide information services for Indonesian citizens abroad with regard to the current situation of Indonesia
4. To present the nation’s culture and identity by preserving sound and entertaining programs.
5. To broadcast program that serve as a social glue among Indonesians abroad
6. To broadcast empowerment and advocacy programs for Indonesians abroad
7. To build broadcast cooperation with various local, national and international broadcasting organizations
8. To provide accurate, fast and reliable information by expanding community involvement in and outside the country
9. To broadcast programs by utilizing new technology and media convergence that makes the access to the VOI programs easier.
Students with extensive radio experience may not find this placement sufficiently challenging. This placement would most likely suit an introductory level radio journalism student.
A laptop helps but is by no means essential. Computers are always available in the office, but they are not the newest or most well-maintained machines.
- Proofing and editing English language news programs.
- Reading the news.
- Routine assignment to the field with an RRI reporter (press conferences etc).
- Weekly projects to develop a feature piece for a specific topic or theme.
Monday-Friday, 10am to 4.30pm.
Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat 4-5
Jakarta Pusat, DKI Jakarta 10340, Indonesia