About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a global team of humanitarians who partner with communities, corporations and governments to transform lives around the world. Our mission is to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Through close collaboration with community members and a wide variety of organizations, we put bold solutions into action and help people triumph over adversity. For the refugee who dreams of rebuilding her home, for the mother who wants a healthy future for her children — for millions of people filled with the power of possibility — we connect people to the resources they need to build better, stronger lives.
- Economic opportunity: Providing technical assistance, training and financial services to micro-finance institutions throughout the country and helping spice farmers earn more income
- Health: Raising awareness and supporting mothers to practice and promote exclusive breastfeeding
- Water: Improving sanitation and hygiene in crowded urban areas with a mobile sludge removal service
- Disaster preparedness: Identifying and mapping areas at risk and helping those communities plan, train and practice how to respond when disasters occur
- Emergency response: Maintaining a response team ready to quickly deploy and provide immediate relief to survivors during the critical first months after a disaster strikes