About Center for Indonesian Policy Studies
The Center for Indonesian Policy Studies (CIPS) is dedicated to providing policy analysis and practical policy recommendations to decision-makers within Indonesia’s legislative and executive branches of government. As a strictly non-partisan and non-profit think thank, CIPS promotes social and economic reforms that are based on the belief that only civil, political, and economic freedom allow Indonesia to prosper. We are being financially supported by donors and philanthropists who appreciate the independence of our analysis.
CIPS shares updates, stories, and analysis internationally. Our aim is to promote international dialogue and to encourage comparative research of key issues concerning Indonesia.
Moreover, CIPS trains new Indonesian talent in policy analysis and think tank management. We welcome interested individuals to join our research and activities. With this, we endeavour to support the next generation of think tank leaders who promote an open and prosperous Indonesia.
- Young proactive individuals between the age of 18 – 35.
- Has a strong interest in public policy research, advocacy and the think tank world.
- Looking for practical experience working in a policy think-tank and seeking answers on: How to write a policy recommendation, What does it take to advocate for policy changes? How to reach out to stakeholders and media? How does daily think tank operations look like?
Intern Duties (Example)
- CIPS internship program covers three core areas: public policy research, communication and outreach, and think-tank operations.
- The program includes nine learning sessions with CIPS’ respective team members during the first two weeks of internship, in which all the above core areas will be covered.
- CIPS believes that internships should be about learning and developing your individual capacity and skills that will help you along your career path. That’s why we designed the program to be about sharing knowledge and learning.
Grand Wijaya Center No. G8
Jakarta Selatan 12160, Indonesia