About Mitra Bali Fair Trade
Mitra Bali Fair Trade has been actively participating in Bali’s economic and social development by working to empower a large group of handicraft producers, since 1993. One of Bali’s great sources of potential are the skilled hands its citizens that create bountiful quantities of crafts and souvenirs for the tourists, who traverse the rich and beautiful soil of this island. World-renowned male and female craft producers alike contribute greatly to the development of Bali’s tourist industry. The presence and contribution of the tourists, who purchase these products, has led to a growing number of work opportunities for the brothers and sisters, relatives, families and neighbours in the villages of craft producers, who have suffered from the prolonged crisis in Bali.
We are actively involved in assisting these marginalized craft producers to understand and develop a fair trade model. Our strong belief in fair trade is realized in our organizations’ structure and its business style: there is clear dialogue, equality and a sense of mutual respect throughout the production process. The producers always receive fifty percent of the total payment up front; they are paid promptly, the payment is a percentage of the suitable and fair sale price, which is calculated together with the craft producers. Mitra Bali also has regular free training workshops and environmental programs around Bali.
1. Graphic Design and Marketing Skills desirable
1. Assisting in the design and editing of web material and other reporting obligations
2. Editing and management of visual archives
3. Media and communication strategy assistance
4. Assisting in product design and product development
5. Assisting in market research and/or marketing strategy
6. Visiting and providing assistance to local handicraft
Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Jl. Gunung Abang, Br. Lod Sema, Ds. Lod Tunduh,
Ubud – 80571, Gianyar,
Bali – Indonesia