About Rumah Impian
Founded in 2009, Rumah Impian or The Dreamhouse works in empowering the street children in Yogyakarta by providing them with shelter, namely the ‘Hope Shelter’, and basic education courses. Their activities include:
- ‘Street contacting‘ where staff outreach to unprivileged areas with the aim of responding to their immediate needs;
- ‘Dream Campaign‘, campaigns and publications about the street children empowering programs conducted by The Dreamhouse;
- ‘Hope Shelter‘, where The Dreamhouse provide shelter and scholarship for the street children who decide to return to school;
- ‘Drop-in Centres‘, where street children can visit everyday to attend basic education classes, practice music, and receive immediate help if emergency occurs.
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- Possesses good communication skills and adequate proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia to write regular reports.
- Willing to commit to come twice a week for a minimum of three months.
- Open minded and resourceful.
- Loves to work with children. Possessing a Working with Children Check (WWC Check) or a similar document is preferred.
You will be allocated into one of the divisions at The Dreamhouse that suits your background and goals most. These divisions are:
1. Education Centre (“Taman Baca Impian”) Division: The Dreamhouse established a learning centre where children can come to learn, read books, and play. This education centre opens three days a week for children aged 7-12. They also organise tutorials on basic subjects such as English, Fun Mathematics, and Creativity. In this division, your duties include:
- Being an English tutor for children at the age of 7-12, once a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday). Teaching materials are provided by The Dreamhouse; and
- Tutoring the children in their Creativity Class to help “stretch their creativity muscles” with activities such as drawing, painting, and crafting.
2. The Hope Shelter Division: A scholarship and dormitory program dedicated to accommodate street children who have decided to return to school but do not have a decent home or place to stay. They can stay at The Hope Shelter during their school days, and return to their family on the weekend and holidays. In this division, your duties include:
- Tutoring teenagers (age 14-17) once a week with their English lessons using the materials from their schools. The tutoring can also be combined with other activities to develop their conversation skills; and
- Tutoring the children and teenagers (age 8-17) with their music and/or arts talents (dance, theatre). This include playing music togetehr, and preparing a music/arts performance.
3. Dream Campaign Division: Dream Campaign is a program that aims to promote awareness in programs empowering street children that are conducted by The Dreamhouse through campaigns and publications. In this division, your duties includes translating for social media (Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube) and website contents from Bahasa Indonesia to English.
Monday to Friday, 9.00-17.00.
Juwangen RT 03 RW 01 no. 25-26
Purwomartani, Kalasan, Sleman