You will be allocated into one of the divisions at The Dreamhouse that suits your background and goals most. These divisions are:
1. Education Centre (“Taman Baca Impian”) Division: The Dreamhouse established a learning centre where children can come to learn, read books, and play. This education centre opens three days a week for children aged 7-12. They also organise tutorials on basic subjects such as English, Fun Mathematics, and Creativity. In this division, your duties include:
- Being an English tutor for children at the age of 7-12, once a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday). Teaching materials are provided by The Dreamhouse; and
- Tutoring the children in their Creativity Class to help “stretch their creativity muscles” with activities such as drawing, painting, and crafting.
2. The Hope Shelter Division: A scholarship and dormitory program dedicated to accommodate street children who have decided to return to school but do not have a decent home or place to stay. They can stay at The Hope Shelter during their school days, and return to their family on the weekend and holidays. In this division, your duties include:
- Tutoring teenagers (age 14-17) once a week with their English lessons using the materials from their schools. The tutoring can also be combined with other activities to develop their conversation skills; and
- Tutoring the children and teenagers (age 8-17) with their music and/or arts talents (dance, theatre). This include playing music togetehr, and preparing a music/arts performance.
3. Dream Campaign Division: Dream Campaign is a program that aims to promote awareness in programs empowering street children that are conducted by The Dreamhouse through campaigns and publications. In this division, your duties includes translating for social media (Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube) and website contents from Bahasa Indonesia to English.