About Humanitarian Benchmark Consulting (HBC)
Based out of Indonesia and Australia, Humanitarian Benchmark Consulting (HBC) is a consultancy company comprised of dedicated and experienced humanitarian experts working within a social enterprise. HBC’s work focuses on sustainability, humanitarian response, disaster coordination, shelter, organisational development, and capacity building through services such as monitoring and evaluation, training, facilitation, capacity building, coordination, and program implementation,. HBC has also undertaken consultancies for a broad range of organisations including UNDP, UNICEF, UNHCR, IOM, IFRC, AusRC, Oxfam, Habitat for Humanity, AusAid, OCHA, and many more.
Located in an idyllic location outside the hustle and bustle of the Yogyakarta city, Humanitarian Benchmark operates along with several other entities: Yabbiekayu (YK) which manages an eco-bungalow homestay business, QuakeFund which funds sustainable disaster recovery and urban metabolism improvement projects, and Red R Indonesia which is the emerging Indonesian branch of the world’s largest humanitarian capacity building organisations, Red R International. Participant of DSIP Development Placement will also be able to contribute to Yabbiekayu, QuakeFund and RedR’s operations and projects along with Humanitarian Benchmark’s.
- Experience in administrative skills, organisational management skills, advanced social media or computing skills, fundraising, documenting and report writing.
- Knowledge in practical skills or knowledge that are less common in Indonesia, such as hospitality skills, permaculture, or construction skills.
- Social media management, and updating or creating websites
- Fundraising & proposal writing
- Capacity building for staff/trainings
As the majority of the intern duties can be done via online or from home, the working hours are quite flexible. Participant is expected to be present at the office at least two to three days a week (some on the weekend).
Yabbiekayu Homestay Bungalows
Jl. Parangtritis KM 8.5, RT 05/RW 04, Tembi
Bantul, Special Region of Yogyakarta