Established in 2007, Perkumpulan Aksara is a Non-Governmental Organisation working in gender equality and women’s rights. The name “Aksara” itself was driven from a Sanskrit language, showing a commitment in developing critical awareness through education and empowerment.
Aksara’s main projects focus on good governance, disaster risk management and climate change, as well as media development. Aksara introduces the “gender toolkit” and gender-responsive budgeting in the local areas of Indonesia as a part of their gender capacity building projects that are conducted in the government and parliament, organisations, and other women groups. Aside from that, Aksara also holds gender campaign and research in gender.
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Motivation Letter detailing background, interest, what could be contributed to the organisation, and what could be learned from the organisation;
- Interest in gender;
- Interest in disaster management/ecology;
- Experience in media management and research preferred.
Intern’s main duties are mainly assisting Aksara with their current projects in gender empowerment, disaster risk management/climate change, as well as education. These include:
- Media development;
- Research assistance;
- Fundraising assistance;
- Grant proposal writing;
- Assisting with campaigns;
- Capacity building for staff;
- Helping/teaching at their Rumah Belajar Bencana (translated to Disaster Training Centre).
*With occasional weekend activities.
Jl Mojosari, Kalangan