About Koalisi Perempuan Indonesia
Koalisi Perempuan Indonesia or The Indonesian Women’s Coalition for Justice and Democracy (Women’s Indonesian Coalition) was established on 18th May 1998 in Jakarta as part of the opposition movement comprising women, student, and other pro-democracy groups, against the authoritarian regime of the “New Order” goverment.
In order to get recognition and mandate from women all over Indonesia, Indonesian Women’s Coalition held her first congress in Yogyakarta 14th of December 1998, with 500 women from 25 provinces including Timor Leste participating.
- Mass organization
- Individual member based approach.
- Demcoratic decision making and mechanisms
- Consists of 18 women interest groups
- The organisational structure of Women’s Coalition is parallel with The Governmental administrative structure (from village up to national level)
Secretariat of Indonesian Women’s Coalition in Province-Village
- Province Level: 14 Chapters
- City/Municipal: 120 Branches
- Village Level: 917 Balai Perempuan
9am to 5pm
Jl. Siaga I No.2B RT/RW.003/05
Pejaten Barat, Pasar Minggu Jakarta Selatan – Indonesia
Phone : 021-7918-3221 /021- 7918-3444
Fxax : 021-9100076