Home Discussion Frequently Asked Questions 01. General Semester Program FAQS Can I ride a motorbike when I am in Indonesia?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Megan McPherson
    Post count: 499
    #3785 |

    Can I ride a motorbike when I am in Indonesia?
    If you intend to ride a motorbike in-country, you will need a licence. There are two ways to do this: 1) You can wait until you arrive in-country and apply for one. This cannot be done until at least two months after orientation when all necessary documentation is ready. 2) you can obtain one in your home country before departing. If you opt for the second option you will need both a motorcycle licence from your home country as well as an international driver’s licence. These are available from state motoring organisations for a small fee. You will need to check though–both from a legal and insurance perspective–whether these licenses enable to you ride motorcycles.

    It is imperative that you make sure your insurance covers you for riding a motorbike. ACICIS is not able to help resolve insurance problems if you are not properly licensed or not wearing a helmet when riding a motorcycle.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.