1. Read through the information on our website: including costs, tour components, field trips and the sample itinerary and get an idea of what you would like your school tour to look like. You can also request an ACICIS School Tour brochure by emailing email@example.com.
2. Complete an online Enquiry Form: When you are ready to start enquiring, please complete an online Enquiry Form and we will get back to you within 2 business days. If you have additional questions you can also contact us in the Secretariat.
3. Draft Itinerary: Once you’ve completed the Enquiry Form, the Secretariat will refer you on to our Study Tour Coordinator in Yogyakarta who will provide you with a draft itinerary based on your requests (specific details regarding accommodation and fieldtrips cannot be provided at this stage).
4. Confirm your tour: When you are ready to lock in dates for the tour, contact the ACICIS Secretariat who will draw up an invoice for an $800 deposit (non-refundable). Once the deposit has been paid, your tour will be booked in. From this point you will continue to work with the Study Tour Coordinator until you are happy with your itinerary. You can continue to request changes to the itinerary up to 4 weeks before departure.
5. Pre-departure email #1: Once your deposit has been received* the Secretariat will send you a welcome pack with all the important information you will need for your tour including:
– A pre-departure guide with useful information on travelling to Indonesia,
– The School Tour application form,
– Your revised draft itinerary,
– Accommodation details,
– Information on obtaining the requisite Social-Cultural visa.
6. Pre-departure email #2: Approximately 2 months (8 weeks) before the commencement of your tour, the Secretariat will send a second pre-departure email. This will include the visa form that you and your students will need to complete and a due date to have all the necessary documentation to the Secretariat for assistance in obtaining visas. It will also serve as a reminder to confirm student numbers for the balance of fees and begin completing the application forms.
7. Send in passports and visa forms: Passports and visa forms will need to be sent to the Secretariat no later than 6 weeks prior to departure in order for the necessary visa (social-cultural) to be obtained for your tour. The Secretariat will courier these back to you no later than 2 weeks prior to your departure.
8. Submit application forms: Application forms are due 6 weeks prior to departure. You can scan these and send electronic copies to the ACICIS Secretariat or via the post.
9. Pre-departure email #3: Approximately 6 weeks before the commencement of your tour, the Study Tour Coordinator in Yogyakarta will send a third pre-departure email. This email will include a language assessment for your students to complete as well as the opportunity for you to request topics of study for the language program. You will also be reminded to send through your flight and insurance details as well as any final edits to your tour itinerary.
10. Balance of fees: The balance of fees is due 4 weeks prior to the tour commencement. This means student and staff numbers need to be confirmed around 6 weeks prior to tour commencement so the invoice can be drawn up.
11. Flight details and insurance information: These need to be received by the ACICIS Secretariat no later than 2 weeks prior to your departure so we can arrange airport pick-up.
12. Pre-departure email #4 (final): One-month before the commencement of your tour, the ACICIS Study Tour Coordinator will send you your final pre-departure email with your final, detailed itinerary and program handbook.
13. Sit back, relax and enjoy your tour! Everything has been organised, so you can enjoy the tour.
* We need to receive the deposit no later than 10 weeks prior to the tour commencement to ensure sufficient time to make bookings on your behalf.