About the World Agroforestry Centre:
The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) is a CGIAR Consortium Research Centre. ICRAF’s headquarters are in Nairobi, Kenya, with six regional offices located in Cameroon, China, India, Indonesia, Kenya and Peru.
The Centre’s vision is a rural transformation throughout the tropics as smallholder households increase their use of trees in agricultural landscapes to improve their food security, nutrition security, income, health, shelter, social cohesion, energy resources and environmental sustainability.
ICRAF’s mission is to generate science-based knowledge about the diverse benefits – both direct and indirect – of agroforestry, or trees in farming systems and landscapes, and to disseminate this knowledge to develop policy options and promote policies and practices that improve livelihoods and benefit the environment.
The requirements are :
- Experience in writing science news stories or other types of communications material
- Experience in editing scientific English, particularly, agricultural science
Possible duties include:
- Prepare brief staff biographies for inclusion on website
- Research and write news stories for the website
- Edit scientific documents
- Bogor, Jawa Barat
- Possible travel to other field sites in Indonesia
One day a week, August-December 2016