About Reef Check Indonesia
Reef Check Foundation Indonesia (RCFI) is a part of non-governmental worldwide organization dedicated to empowering people to improve coastal community welfare through integrated coastal and marine ecosystem management based around three pillars.
Reef Check itself spawned from a conservation initiative in 1997, where volunteers were actively involved in monitoring Indonesia’s coral reefs.
RCFI was founded in 2005 and is part of Reef Check International, the largest coral reef conservation network, spanning over 90 countries in the world. These three pillars are:
1) Collaborative Management,
2) Education-Awareness, and
3) Science-Technology, which is implemented into the program of accountable management, empowering community, and applicable science.
Requirement of interns
- Equipment: Laptop
- Diving activity: Diving License and basic equipment
- Over-seas activity: Sea survival training
- Community related activities: Facilitation skills
- General: Ready to stay away from main city of Denpasar
Possible internship duties
Develop protocol for local community, providing science background for community: coral reef, artificial reef, marine tourism, cetacea, etc.
Normal work hours, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. With potential working over-time because of meeting with fisherman/local community after office hour.
Location or duty station
Denpasar (Headquarter), Tejakula Sub district North-East Bali and Karangasem – East Bali.